Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Resume--Kathleen Roberts

Functional Summary: Beginning in 1995, I reported on new business openings for several local papers in northwest Arkansas. To expand my skills I also took classes in HTML.

After taking a break for motherhood as well as a brief stint in retail management, I revived my freelance writing career and began writing for the web in 2007.

After being trained as a contributing writer for LoveToKnow.com, I was immediately promoted to Site Editor of LTK Garden. Other sites were added to my site editing duties and soon thereafter I was promoted to Group Editor.

Current Work: 2007 to Present www.LoveToKnow.com Burlingame, CA
Group Editor:
*Maintenance and monitoring of five sites using Wiki formatting
*Managing various writers and site editors for each site
*Editing articles as they are added to each site to be sure the adhere to editorial guidelines
*Sending weekly update on each site to Managing Editor on a weekly basis
*Analyze site statistics to continually improve each site
*Selecting keywords to create a list of articles for each site based on current and projected trends every month
*Determine bonuses for writers and site editors
*Interviews of experts in various fields as they relate to my sites
*Write new articles each month for various sites
*Adding images to articles as needed

Currently I am Group Editor over LoveToKnow Antiques, Garden, Herbs, Sunglasses and Vitamins. I have also contributed many articles on other LTK channels such as:
...and many more.



Additionally, I am a product reviewer for PetStyle.com:


Other Writing:
I have contributed to my own blogs as well as to Dog Reflections:

I have written copy for real estate websites including this sample on short sales. Other website contributions include several for The Baby Corner:

2 comments:

Kateedyd said...

WHOA! Didn't know you did that! Guess where I live? In Burlingame! Funny, huh?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.